BIGBANG to Hold Encore World Tour Concert Performance
Michael Song, Jan. 20, 2016, 9:12 a.m.
South Korean boy band BigBang will close its ongoing world tour in March after staging three encore performances in Seoul, its management said Wednesday. The five-member band started the world concert tour "MADE" in Seoul last April and will have the grand finale of the tour with encore performances for three days from March 4 to 6 at Seoul's Olympic Park, YG Entertainment said.
For nearly 10 months so far, the band has performed some 60 concerts before 1.5 million fans in 32 cities of 13 countries in the world. Some 250,000 people gathered at the band's performances in 13 Chinese cities, and some 87,000 fans in the United States, Canada and Mexico, YG said. About 36,000 fans gathered at Sydney and Melbourne in Australia, while some 910,000 concert-goers flocked to four domes in Japan, including the Tokyo Dome.
The boy band, currently on a tour of Japan, is scheduled to finish the Japanese tour after performances in February at Japanese cities including Tokyo and Fukuoka. Throughout the world tour so far, the boy band has won fervent responses from enthusiastic audiences. It also received acclaim from overseas media such as The New York Times, Billboard and The Guardian. Beyonce's videographer Ed Burke and Roy Bennett, who has designed stages for concerts by world-renowned musicians such as the Scorpions, Prince, Paul McCartney, Beyonce and Lady Gaga, took part as co-creative directors, YG said.