Jang Geun Suk Purchases Samsung Dong Building for US $20 Million

luvsmiling, Jan. 20, 2015, 12:33 p.m.


Actor Jang Geun Suk has purchased a building in Samsungdong for a staggering W21.3 Billion or about $20 Million US.  This information is based on the building enterprise on January 19, which revealed that Jang Geun Suk purchased this building located in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul with 823 sq. meter (~ 9,000 sq. ft.), gross floor area 4,221 sq. meter (~ 45,000 sq. ft.), three underground floors, and six above ground floors.  Built back in 1992, the state of the building was reported to be very good.  

The contract gives 95% of equity to Mr. Jang while the remaining 5% goes toward another family.  It was reported that come March, the value of the building was expected to increase with the opening of an extended subway line nearby.

People showed concern about whether it was possible the agency, after getting entangled in the actor's tax controversy, was stretching the meaning of this building purchase.  His agency rep said, "He received a loan, so he purchased it. There is no connection to this tax case."

Jang Geun Suk is a South Korean actor and singer. He is best known for starring in the television dramas Beethoven Virus (2008), You're Beautiful (2009), Mary Stayed Out All Night (2010), Love Rain (2012), and Pretty Man (2013).

 

comments powered by Disqus