Minister of Culture Admits the Existence of a Blacklist Against Park Geun Hye

Wesley Koo, Jan. 10, 2017, 9:19 a.m.


Culture, Sports and Tourism Minister Cho Yoon-sun in a National Assembly hearing on Monday admitted that there existed a blacklist of leading cultural figures critical of the Park Geun-hye administration.

So far she had strenuously denied it.

"Please understand that I can't elaborate because of the ongoing investigation into the case," Cho said

Asked if she knew when the blacklist was drawn up, Cho, a former Cheong Wa Dae aide, said she was briefed about its existence "early this year."

Cho refused to elaborate on allegations that she helped draw it up. "It's difficult for me to speak about it as an independent counsel is looking into the allegation," she said. "I will closely cooperate with the counsel."

comments powered by Disqus