[OP-ED] Seeing Double: K-Stars' Dopplegangers
Chloe Park, July 9, 2016, 6:05 p.m.
I'm sure many of you have at least thought once about wishing you could have a clone of yourself or an identical twin, especially when the Olsen twins and Tia and Tamera were at their peak popularity. But how would you really react if you found someone that looked like you? My first reaction would be to freak out, and then maybe be mesmerized by the coolness of it.
The term ‘doppelganger’ is coined from the German word ‘doppelgänger’ and originally defined as the “apparition of a person living”. However, we now use the word to define a person who’s a look-alike, but isn’t a twin. Although I’ve had friends mention that I look like certain people, I’ve never met my doppelganger. Have you?
I’ve come up with a list of a couple of Korean celebrities that have strangely similar looks. Take a look at these dopplegangers and tell us if you agree!
1. Actor Lee Jong Suk and After School’s Nana
2. Actor Im Won Hee and EXID’s Solji
3. Actress Son Yejin and Actress Kim So Hyun
4. Singer Lady Jane and Girls’ Day’s Sojin
5. F(X)’s Amber and SHINee’s Jonghyun
6. BIGBANG’s G-DRAGON and Actor Yoo Ah In
7. Singer-actor Im Seulong and Actor Ki Tae Young
8. SHINee’s Minho and Actor Lee Tae Sung
9. Miss A’s Fei and Actress Kim Ah Joong
10. Actress Han Ga In and ZEA’s Dong Joon
Which doppleganger most look like they can be related? Do you know any other celebrity dopplegangers?